These little no-bake lunchbox fillers are quick and easy to make. I’ve already got some in the freezer ready for those busy school mornings. They are refined sugar free, gluten free, nut free (of course) and vegan…and so easy to make. This is a good one to get those little helpers involved in the kitchen.
- 5 cups puffed rice
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 coconut milk
- 1/3 cup pitted dates, soaked in water for 20 mins to soften
- Line a freeze safe container with baking paper. The container I used is 27cm x 17cm. The height of your bars will depend on the size of your container.
- Mix the puffed rice, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend dates, coconut oil, honey, salt, vanilla and coconut milk until smooth. Then add to saucepan and heat over low heat until the mixture starts to bubble.
- Poor the warm date mixture over the puffed rice and combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Poor the mixture into the lined container and use the back of a spoon to press and smooth over the mix. Once the mix is firmly pressed, put the lid on the container and pop your slice in the freezer.
- After about 1.5 hours grab your slice out and cut it into bars of your preferred size.
- Store in the freezer until you’re ready to eat.