Chilli Con Veggie
I often cook this dish in the slow cooker. Just throw everything in and tada….Dinner is taken care of.
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ground coriander
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- dried oregano
- 2 tins four beans mix
- 2 tins whole tomatoes
- ½ cup dried red lentils rinsed.
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
- Diced fresh chili or chili flakes (optional)
- Olive oil
- Heat a little olive oil in a saucepan, add onion and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add in spices and oregano and stir while toasting for a few mins.
- Add all other ingredients and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, and let simmer uncovered on low heat until thick and saucy. Should take about half an hour. If you want it thicker, cook for longer.
- Serve with some brown rice or basmati rice, fresh coriander, greek yoghurt and some pickled jalapenos.