These little mocha flavoured energy bites are perfect for an afternoon ‘pick me up’…without all the guilt. They are full of natural protein too, so….great for an after workout snack! I like eating mine straight from the freezer…which is so fitting for us top enders this time of year. Phew…IT’S HOT!!!
Here’s what you need:
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 1/2 cups pitted dates
- A fresh DOUBLE shot of coffee (yes, I used real coffee but you could mix up some instant coffee in about 1/3 cup boiling water if you prefer)
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- pinch of sea salt (did you know that salt helps reduce bitterness)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
Here’s what you do:
- Chuck everything except the chia seeds into a high powered blender and blend until well combined.
- Add in the chia seeds and blend only for a couple of seconds, just to incorporate the seeds properly through the mix.
- Roll into little balls and store in the fridge or freezer.