Hello!! I’m stoked that you are reading this blog post of mine because, it means that you now have in your hot little hands my version of the crazy popular roasted pumpkin salad. This is by far one of my favourite go to easiest most delicious salads I make. I’m not the best cook but, I sure know how to build a pretty damn good salad. It’s all about colour, texture, flavour and height! Build it up, build it up, build it higher. 😉
Give this one a go and let me know what you think. Mix it up, however you like, add different roasted seeds, nuts or mix up the veggies. Top with your favourite herbs…basil is amazing through this salad if you go that way. There really are no rules when you are building sensational salads… well except DONT FOLLOW THE RULES!
Invite a little warmth into your kitchen with my Roasted Pumpkin Salad! This one really does tick all the boxes and it sure does make it easy to get your salad a day in. This one will change the way you feel about healthy eating! YUMMMINESS!!!
Roasted Pumpkin Salad
- Baby spinach leaves
- Rocket leaves (can use baby kale, or a mixture of all or what ever you like)
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ pumpkin, cut into 2cm pieces (to change up this salad, swap pumpkin out with roasted beetroot, roasted cauliflower or sweet potato…or use a mixture of all)
- ½ lemon
- 1 capsicum
- ½ cup quinoa, cooked as per packet instructions
- 60g Feta
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Spread pumpkin onto baking tray and drizzle with a little honey and olive then season. Place into oven and roast for 20 mins or until cooked…I love it when the outside starts going brown…extra crispy!
- Place capsicum whole into the oven (on wire rack is fine) to let roast.
- Layer the spinach and rocket over a flat salad serving dish, this is the base of your salad.
- Sprinkle with onion then cooked quinoa.
- Once pumpkin is done spread pieces over salad.
- Check capsicum, it is ready when it has begun to collapse and the skin can be easily removed. Remove all skin and slice into thin ribbons. Place desired amount over the salad. If there is any left it can be kept for a couple of days in the fridge. It can be added to your eggs at brekky time or other salads or on top of meat.
- Now sprinkle your salad with the Feta and squeeze the lemon juice over it! YUM!!!
- Enjoy this salad on it’s own for lunch or for dinner with your choice of protein. This salad is great when the pumpkin is hot or cold! Such a good winter salad.